One of the most important components of healthy skin is a natural glow. Many of us struggle to attain that glow because of stress, aging, environmental toxins, and other challenges. Fortunately, there are a few effective steps you can take to bring your skin up to its potential.
If you want to achieve luminous skin, practice a comprehensive skincare regimen that is designed to boost overall skin health and enhance the effects of any products you already use.
Peel Away the Dead Skin
The best way to make any skincare products and procedures more effective is to start with a healthy skin base. You do not want layers of dead skin cells to soak up all the ingredients instead of allowing them to penetrate to be effective!
To ensure that all our skincare efforts don’t go to waste, we recommend that our patients get a chemical peel treatment once or twice per year. The skin that grows back after a chemical peel is smoother, younger-looking, and ready to absorb all the nourishment from the daily skincare products you use.
We especially love the ZO 3-Step Peel, which is designed to be both safe and highly effective for all skin types. The Peel Solution improves acne scarring, sun damage, fine lines, large pores, texture roughness, and dullness. After completing the 3-Step Peel with the Retinol Crème Complex and Hydrating Crème, you will end up with smooth, rejuvenated skin that does not flare up or dry out as easily.
Rejuvenate with a Facial
A PRF or PRP facial can rejuvenate the skin. These two treatment types use your own blood to boost healing and collagen stimulation.
PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, involves taking a small tube of blood from the patient, running it through a centrifuge to concentrate the platelets, and injecting it in the skin with microneedling. The injections contain growth factors that naturally help with rejuvenation and healing. PRP was popularized by Kim Kardashian and has also been used by Angelina Jolie and Tiger Woods.
PRF, or platelet-rich fibrin, is often considered to be the next generation of platelet concentrate treatment. PRF contains a higher concentration of better quality platelets, which provide more rejuvenating growth factors.
Maintain Your Results with a Customized Skincare Regime
Staying on top of daily skincare and sunscreen application is the final step to create and maintain glowing skin. Your routine should use only high-quality skincare products and be customized to your skin.
For most patients, we recommend a variation of the following routine:
1. Use a Gentle Cleanser to remove surface debris and impurities.
2. Exfoliate with an Exfoliating Polish that scrubs, but does not tear the skin.
3. Use Complexion Renewal Pads with salicylic and glycolic acid to bring the skin to a pH that will absorb the remaining products better.
4. Use Daily Power Defense to give hydration, reduce dark spots, and repair other damage by means of DNA repair.
5. Apply 10% Vitamin C Self-Acting Serum to repair sun damage and provide antioxidants.
6. Use the Sunscreen+Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen to give physical protection, a light tint, and flawless makeup application.
7. Use the Sunscreen+Powder Broad Spectrum SPF 40 sunscreen to give reapplication of sunscreen throughout the day without disturbing your makeup.
8. Apply products that will help with your specific skin challenges, such as products for brightening, rosacea, or anti-aging.
Contact us to learn more about where to find high-quality skincare products and get a customized recommendation for your skin.