What are PRF Injections?
PRF stands for platelet-rich fibrin. PRF is a concentrated form of platelets and white blood cells obtained from a blood draw, and is used as an alternative to hyaluronic acid fillers. PRF injections are a form of regenerative medicine. The patient is injected with a concentration of platelets from their own blood to promote collagen and elastin production. PRF is an autologous blood concentrate, 100% natural, free of additives and chemicals, and packed with powerful cells for skin rejuvenation purposes.
At Beauty Boost Med Spa, we love using PRF injections under the eyes. The growth factors, platelets, mesenchymal stem cells, and cytokines in PRF can help repair the tissues around your eyes, leading to a smooth, rejuvenated appearance. It can be used for dark circles, acne scarring, skin texture, tear troughs, hair restoration, volume loss, and a whole lot more. It is truly “liquid gold.”
Here are just a few benefits of PRF:
- PRF creates new blood vessels in the skin, bringing in a fresh supply of nutrients to give your skin a healthy glow.
- These nutrients will also help clear away toxins, accumulated fluids, and excess pigmentation or melanin.
- PRF improves the skin’s metabolism so that dead skin cells are removed faster. You may also notice smoother skin due to unwanted fat cells burning away.
- When PRF is injected under the eyes, it repairs the collagen and elastin layer so that the skin regains elasticity. PRF allows the skin in the under-eye region to plump up and smooth the crepey skin under the eyes.
Are PRF Injections Under The Eyes Effective?
Research shows that PRF is a safe and effective way to rejuvenate the skin under the eyes. In a recent study, 20 patients were treated with PRF 3 times at monthly intervals. The patients each experienced an increase in skin volume and elasticity, and the report noted that they were satisfied with their results.
What Is The Process For PRF Treatment?
A qualified medical professional will observe the condition of your skin, ask questions about what you want to achieve, and determine the ideal number and frequency of PRF sessions. Many patients need 3-5 sessions to achieve their desired results.
Results generally last for six to twelve months, depending on your age and how well your body responds to the treatments. If you would like to maintain your PRF results, you can schedule follow-up treatments as needed.
How Does PRF Work?
The important substances in PRF are your platelets and white blood cells. They release growth factors that are collagen/elastin stimulators. By stimulating these cells, anti-aging occurs by improving texture/tone/health of the skin and by filling in fine lines/wrinkles. Because PRF creates a fibrin scaffolding, growth factors are slowly released at the site over a one week period.
How Does PRF Differ From PRP?
- PRF contains a higher concentration and better quality of platelets to secrete more growth factors for rejuvenation than PRP.
- There is no anticoagulant or synthetic additives in PRF. This enables the creation of a fibrin scaffold that will keep your growth factors active for 1 week vs. 24 hours with PRP.
- PRF contains white blood cells and mesenchymal stem cells which further aid in the role of growth factors.
- Because PRF is a concentrated form of platelets, there is no platelet poor plasma present like in PRP. Every drop of PRF that is injected or used topically has the highest concentration and level of quality possible.
At Beauty Boost Med Spa, treatments are only carried out by the most qualified nurse practitioners and physician assistants. You can rest assured that service is safe, discreet, and professional.
Each treatment begins with an initial consultation at our Newport Beach location in which the provider will examine your face and ask detailed questions about your goals. Afterward, we will administer a personalized prp injection treatment to help you achieve your desired results.
Take your beauty to the next level, Call Today
- 10% Off Your First BoostGive yourself a little boost! Receive an amazing 10% discount on any one treatment*!10% Off Any One TreatmentRedeem Now
New patients may receive 10% off 1 treatment or 1 syringe of filler, whichever is less. Cannot be combined with other promos.
*Offer applies to new patients only
Receive 10% off your pre-paid treatment of choice. Botox, Filler, PRP & more!
- Apply for coupon by filling out online form here.
- Must call/text to schedule an appointment.
- New patients may receive 10% off 1 treatment or 1 syringe of filler, whichever is less. Cannot be combined with other promos.
- New patients only.
- No obligations – apply for coupon and book your treatment when you are ready!
Available Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments
PRP Facial w/ Microneedling
PRP with microneedling can eliminate fine lines and wrinkles, remove scars, shrink pores, and produce an overall healthier glow. During the microneedling procedure, a highly trained nurse practitioner or doctor will use tiny needles to create micro-channels and injuries, making your skin to tighten and build collagen. Injecting PRP could improve healing and decrease redness and swelling after the procedure.
PRP hair restoration therapy is a three-step medical treatment that involves injecting concentrated plasma into the scalp. Many in the medical community think PRP injections trigger natural hair growth and help maintain hair by increasing the blood supply to the follicle.
Let us answer your questions, Contact us today
What our clients are saying
I am so happy and thankful to have found Beauty Boost & Anisa! I came to Beauty Boost after nearly a year of research, and ultimately felt making the drive from LA to Newport would be worth it due to the dozens of 5-star reviews and results I had seen on Instagram.
Anisa is the SWEETEST! I've struggled with my recessed chin for my teenage/adult life. I've seen surgeons and orthodontists to try and correct it, but I decided I'd try out filler first to see if it would make a difference. WOW!! The chin boost seriously is such a subtle change but makes the biggest difference in the overall shape of my face. I love it so so so much and it wasn't painful whatsoever. I felt so comfortable with everyone who works here and I can't wait to keep coming back
Very charismatic and foremost very professional service. I'm definitely coming back, this is the first time I try PRP and I'm very satisfied. I definitely recommend Dr. Munshi she's the best