There comes a time in life when you look in the mirror and…There. They. Are. Fine-lines on the forehead, smile lines, hollow eyes, and maybe even [...]
PLATELET-RICH FIBRIN (PRF)
What is PRF?
PRF stands for platelet-rich fibrin. PRF is a concentrated form of platelets and white blood cells obtained from a blood draw, and is used as an alternative to hyaluronic acid fillers. PRF is an autologous blood concentrate, 100% natural, free of additives and chemicals, and packed with powerful cells for skin rejuvenation purposes. It can be used for dark circles, acne scarring, skin texture, tear troughs, hair restoration, volume loss, and a whole lot more. It is truly “liquid gold.”
How Does PRF Differ from PRP?
- PRF contains a higher concentration and better quality of platelets to secrete more growth factors for rejuvenation than PRP.
- There is no anti-coagulant or synthetic additives in PRF. This enables the creation of a fibrin scaffold that will keep your growth factors active for 1 week vs. 5-10 minutes with PRP.
- PRF contains white blood cells and mesenchymal stem cells which further aid in the role of growth factors.
- Because PRF is a concentrated form of platelets, there is no platelet poor plasma present like in PRP. Every drop of PRF that is injected or used topically has the highest concentration and level of quality possible.
How Does PRF Work?
The important substances in PRF are your platelets and white blood cells. They release growth factors that are collagen/elastin stimulators. By stimulating these cells, anti-aging occurs by improving texture/tone/health of the skin and by filling in fine lines/wrinkles. Because PRF creates a fibrin scaffolding, growth factors are slowly release at the site over a one week period.
What Should I Expect During a PRF Treatment?
A small sample of your blood is collected and spun in a centrifuge to separate the red blood cells from the PRF. PRF is first injected into various areas of the face such as the tear troughs, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, cheeks, chin, etc, and can then be used topically with mincroneedling. On average, three treatments are needed to achieve the best results. These sessions should be spread out with roughly four to six weeks between each treatment. The number of injection appointments and the number of injections per appointment vary from person to person, depending on how much collagen has been lost. There is a possibility of bruising with this treatment. When scheduling your treatment, consider planned social or work commitments.
Take your beauty to the next level, Call Today
- 40% Off PDO Thread LiftsTreat yourself to a lift! Receive an amazing 40% discount on thread lifts this August.40% Off Any Thread Lift TreatmentLearn More
*Limited time. Act now!
Boost collagen, lift eyebrows & cheekbones all without the surgery or down time.
Call or text our team to schedule your consultation now.
- Consultation required to ensure you are a good candidate for the procedure!
- 40% off the total price offered at BBMS.
- Offer good from 8/1 – 8/31/2020.
- As many thread lifts as you like!
- Must call/text to schedule an appointment.
- 10% Off Your First Boost!Give yourself a little boost! Receive an amazing 10% discount on any one treatment*!10% Off Any One TreatmentLearn More
*Offer applies to new patients only
10% Off One Pre-Paid Treatment
- Must call/text to schedule an appointment
- New patients only
Available Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments
PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injections are often used to increase healing from cosmetic procedures. In addition, PRP can be used to reduce pain from torn rotator cuffs and other soft-tissue injuries. Since the injections are made from your own blood, your body will not reject them.
PRP Facial W/ Microneedling
PRP with microneedling can eliminate fine lines and wrinkles, remove scars, shrink pores, and produce an overall healthier glow. During the microneedling procedure, a highly trained nurse practitioner or doctor will use tiny needles to create micro-channels and injuries, making your skin to tighten and build collagen. Injecting PRP could improve healing and decrease redness and swelling after the procedure.
PRP hair restoration therapy is a three-step medical treatment that involves injecting concentrated plasma into the scalp. Many in the medical community think PRP injections trigger natural hair growth and help maintain hair by increasing the blood supply to the follicle.
Let us answer your questions, Contact us today
What our clients are saying
Anisa is quite frankly THE BEST! I traveled from the SF Bay Area just to go to her med spa in Newport Beach, it would be my first time with any injectables. I researched and did consultations with multiple injectors in my own area (SF Bay Area) but couldn't find anyone I was comfortable with. There are a lot of scary looking injectors out there, some without credentials and others that just weren't interested in really taking the time to get to know my needs.
Charismatic and Foremost
Very charismatic and foremost very professional service. I'm definitely coming back, this is the first time I try PRP and I'm very satisfied. I definitely recommend Dr. Munshi she's the best
Costa Mesa, CA
The Sweetest Person
Where do I start... Anisa is the sweetest person thats knows her shit! I got the under eye filler and was super nervous before, but because Anisa is so talented and delicate with her hands, I felt absolutely no pain! The results were incredible and really liked how she was so honest during the consultations and recommended just what I needed. I am definitely coming back and with some friends!!
Orange County, CA