PDO Thread Lift: A Minimally Invasive, Non-Surgical Thread Lift
What Is A Thread Lift?
During a thread lift, threads are inserted under the skin to immediately and effectively lift saggy skin. Threads are mainly used in the face at Beauty Boost Med Spa, as we focus on facial contouring and restoration.
Thread lifts do not involve surgery. It is a minimally invasive procedure and very safe and effective with little downtime, especially when performed by one of our experienced injectors!
Benefits of a Thread Lift
- Instant lifting: People love the instant lift of sagging skin that takes years off the face.
- Natural results: Natural yet noticeable results can be achieved with the thread lift. There’s no worry of looking“ over-pulled” or “wind-blown” as with a surgical face lift.
- Non-Surgical: Since the procedure doesn’t involve any cutting and incisions, it doesn’t leave any permanent scars like traditional facelift surgery.
- Minimal downtime: Because the procedure is far less invasive than a surgical facelift, the downtime is very minimal. Most people are able to return to work soon after the procedure.
- Collagen stimulation: The threads stimulate your own skin to gradually produce more collage in the treatment areas over several months. You not only get the benefit of an instant lift, your skin also gets firmer and tighter over time!
- Cost-effective: Thread lift is a very cost-effective way to achieve a more youthful appearance compared to other aesthetic procedures, like Ultherapy.
- Safety: The thread lift procedure is very safe. In fact, it can be even safer than dermal fillers. Although very rare, dermal fillers have a chance of being injected into blood vessels, which can result in skin necrosis or other major side effects. Since the threads are thin, they don’t have the potential to block blood flow in vessels. Also, since the procedure is done under local anesthetic, it doesn’t carry the risk of general anesthesia used in a traditional surgical facelift.
WHAT ARE PDO THREADS MADE OF?
PDO is a synthetic sugar molecule. It’s been used in rods, screws and pins in orthopedics and sutures for heart and eye surgery. PDO is non-allergic, non-antigenic, completely biodegradable, and doesn’t create scar tissue. Since the body completely absorbs the PDO material, possible complications are significantly reduced.
Let us answer your questions, Contact us today