There’s a lot to love about PDO thread lifts! Lifting threads, smooth threads, and other collagen-boosting treatments have been a hot topic lately at [...]
PDO Thread Lift: A Minimally Invasive, Non-Surgical Thread Lift
What Is A Thread Lift?
During a thread lift, threads are inserted under the skin to immediately and effectively lift saggy skin. Threads are mainly used in the face at Beauty Boost Med Spa, as we focus on facial contouring and restoration.
Thread lifts do not involve surgery. It is a minimally invasive procedure and very safe and effective with little downtime, especially when performed by one of our experienced injectors!
What are the Benefits of a Thread Lift?
As we age, we lose volume in our face and as a result, our skin starts to sag. While Botox® Cosmetic is great for smoothing wrinkles that are formed with movement and fillers are great at restoring facial volume, there was still an unmet need: a nonsurgical way to effectively lift sagging skin and restore the face’s natural and youthful V-shape.
Although traditional facelift surgery is an excellent way to address sagging skin, it also carries with it a lot of expense and downtime. Many people are also afraid to “go under the knife” as you may not come out looking natural and liking the results—which, unfortunately, cannot be reversed.
The thread lift is the perfect solution to address sagging skin without surgery that looks natural and is also effective and safe when performed properly. It’s quickly becoming the treatment of choice, especially for busy individuals who need to quickly resume their daily activities.
Summary of the Advantages of the Thread Lift
- Instant lifting: People love the instant lift of sagging skin that takes years off the face.
- Natural results: Natural yet noticeable results can be achieved with the thread lift. There’s no worry of looking“ over-pulled” or “wind-blown” as with a surgical face lift.
- Non-Surgical: Since the procedure doesn’t involve any cutting and incisions, it doesn’t leave any permanent scars like traditional facelift surgery.
- Minimal downtime: Because the procedure is far less invasive than a surgical facelift, the downtime is very minimal. Most people are able to return to work soon after the procedure.
- Collagen stimulation: The threads stimulate your own skin to gradually produce more collage in the treatment areas over several months. You not only get the benefit of an instant lift, your skin also gets firmer and tighter over time!
- Cost-effective: Thread lift is a very cost-effective way to achieve a more youthful appearance compared to other aesthetic procedures, like Ultherapy.
- Safety: The thread lift procedure is very safe. In fact, it can be even safer than dermal fillers. Although very rare, dermal fillers have a chance of being injected into blood vessels, which can result in skin necrosis or other major side effects. Since the threads are thin, they don’t have the potential to block blood flow in vessels. Also, since the procedure is done under local anesthetic, it doesn’t carry the risk of general anesthesia used in a traditional surgical facelift.
WHAT ARE PDO THREADS MADE OF?
PDO is a synthetic sugar molecule. It’s been used in rods, screws and pins in orthopedics and sutures for heart and eye surgery. PDO is non-allergic, non-antigenic, completely biodegradable, and doesn’t create scar tissue. Since the body completely absorbs the PDO material, possible complications are significantly reduced.
Take your beauty to the next level, Call Today
- 10% Off Your First BoostGive yourself a little boost! Receive an amazing 10% discount on any one treatment*!10% Off Any One TreatmentRedeem Now
New patients may receive 10% off 1 treatment or 1 syringe of filler, whichever is less. Cannot be combined with other promos.
*Offer applies to new patients only
Receive 10% off your pre-paid treatment of choice. Botox, Filler, PRP & more!
- Apply for coupon by filling out online form here.
- Must call/text to schedule an appointment.
- New patients may receive 10% off 1 treatment or 1 syringe of filler, whichever is less. Cannot be combined with other promos.
- New patients only.
- No obligations – apply for coupon and book your treatment when you are ready!
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED WITH THREADS?
Threads are very versatile and can be used for many areas on the face and neck. The main areas that are lifted include:
- Nasolabial fold and smile lines (mid-face)
- Marionette lines, jowls and jawline (lower face)
WHO ARE GOOD CANDIDATES FOR THREAD LIFTS?
Thread lifting is an ideal solution for both men and women with good skin tone, but mild to moderate skin laxity and sagging skin in the face and neck. It is an excellent alternative for those who do not wish to undergo traditional face lift surgery but still want to look refreshed and lifted. It’s also an excellent choice for those who just want to lift their skin and not get too much volume, as with fillers. Also, it’s a great choice for those who need more than just skin tightening that is achieved with aesthetic skin tightening devices.
WHAT ARE CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR THREAD LIFTS?
- Pregnant or breast-feeding
- Active skin infection or inflammation
- Blood clotting disorders
- Tendency for keloid/hypertrophic scarring
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER A THREAD LIFT
You will see immediate lifting of the loose skin right after the procedure, but will have some swelling. Most of the swelling should resolve in a few days, but there may be some mild bruising that lasts a few days to a week.
Patients are able to wear make-up the next day and can resume their normal daily routine right after the procedure, although you will want to avoid strenuous exercise for about a week.
WHAT KIND OF RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
PDO Threads provide a lifting and firming result. Lifting can be seen immediately and results continue to improve over 3-6 months. Firming results start to show as the swelling is resolved and the body starts to stimulate more collagen as the threads dissolve.
HOW LONG DO THE RESULTS LAST?
MINT PDO threads will fully dissolve in 6-9 months. During that time, new collagen will form in the treatment areas, making the results of the threads last for a year, depending on the patient’s skin condition and age. The thread lift’s lasting power depends on the age of the patient, how much sagging was corrected, and how you take care of your skin after the treatment.
Let us answer your questions, Contact us today
What our clients are saying
So Happy and Thankful
I am so happy and thankful to have found Beauty Boost & Anisa! I came to Beauty Boost after nearly a year of research, and ultimately felt making the drive from LA to Newport would be worth it due to the dozens of 5-star reviews and results I had seen on Instagram.
Los Angeles, CA
Anisa is Amazing
Anisa is amazing! I went to her for lip fillers. The last place I went to, I wasn't satisfied with the results. (Filler above my lip) Anisa was so thorough with my consultation. She recommended I do a dissolver first, to rid some of the previous filler. So I can get the best natural results. We did that, came in for the second round and boom. I'm in love.
Costa Mesa, CA
Charismatic and Foremost
Very charismatic and foremost very professional service. I'm definitely coming back, this is the first time I try PRP and I'm very satisfied. I definitely recommend Dr. Munshi she's the best
Costa Mesa, CA